Saturday, January 14, 2012

First Week Back to Work

I am so glad the first week of classes are over. I'm lucky to have smaller classes, and so far I like the students. My Tuesday nights aren't going to be so bad (considering it's such a looong day). My night class is in the computer lab in one of the dorms and all the students know each other, so it's a little more laid back.

That night, the best part was coming home to Brady. I walked in the door and he looked at me with surprise and excitement (he was in his exersaucer, of course). I grabbed him and he hugged me so tight! It was the biggest and best hug of my life. We spent the rest of the night laughing and cuddling. So great.

I'm not gonna lie, this may have been the toughest week of my life. (I keep comparing it to when I took my PhD exams. Is this week tougher than that hellish week? Maybe. And that's the first time I can say that).

By Friday, things were a little easier, because I knew that I could look forward to a long weekend.

Today we took Brady swimming for the first time. The YMCA has a kiddy pool with water falls and a slide. I sat with him in the shallow part of the pool (less than a foot deep - I'm still nervous). He liked it. I can't say he loved it, but he soaked it all in. He watched all the kids and moved his feet around in the water.  As we were leaving the Y, he was fast asleep.

It was a good day.

Here are a few pics from the week...



Brady and his friends at the sitter's. Brady is the little guy in the top left - of course, sitting sideways in the Bumbo seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment