Sushi was given to me by my good friends, Dawn and Anne, when I moved from Chicago to Cleveland in 2000. He was only a couple months old and the runt of the litter (hard to believe, now). Yeah, he's an awesome Chicago cat. He's been my bud through thick and thin: illnesses, sadness when loved ones passed away, my previous marriage, divorce, moving 7 times,...
Miso, who was his best pal for about 5 years before he passed away from diabetes and other complications...
Look how cute they are all snuggled together. (I will take this moment to say that Miso was awesome. He loved everyone, he had a different meow for everything, and he would jump into my arms...He was very needy and a bit demanding. He taught Sushi how to WAKE ME UP at 3 am and to drink from the bathtub faucet. Depending on the type of faucet, Miso could turn it on himself. I'm not joking.)
He loves Matt. Here is a picture of them together. Sushi isn't even whining, like he usually does when people try to cuddle with him...
Sushi is very excited about his new buddy who's on the way - BD.
I think (hope) they will get along pretty well, since they are both boys. Sushi only likes females who are me. Oops. Maybe I spoiled him a bit too much. Lesson learned.
I think Sushi knew immediately that I was pregnant. He was acting weird, sat right next to me for a few days, and grew very protective. He's over all that now.
Sushi, I promise we will still be buds. Though I may be a bit preoccupied with the new changes. I can't wait for you to meet your new friend.


What a sweet post. I'm a sucker for a post to our animal friends!
ReplyDeleteAwww!! Such cute pics :)
ReplyDelete