I'm making this tonight and I will post a pic once it's ready. It takes a bit of time to chop the veggies, but it is so worth it.
Indian Bean Soup
Ingredients
4 tbsp vegetable oil (I use 2 because 4 makes it too oily for me)
2 onions, peeled and chopped
8 oz potatoes cut into chunks
8 oz parsnips cut into chunks
8 oz turnips or rutabagas cut into chunks (I've only used turnips)
2 celery stalks, sliced (I sometimes don't use this because I think it is a waste of money-unless you use the rest of the celery for other things)
2 zucchini, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp mild curry paste
5 cups vegetable bouillon
salt
1 1/2 c canned black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
chopped cilantro, to garnish (again, waste of money)
need food processor or blender
1 - Heat the oil in a pan, add all the prepared veggies, except the zucchini, and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently for 5 mins. Add the garlic, ground coriander, paprika, and curry paste and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 min.
2 - Stir in the bouillon and season with salt to taste. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for 25 mins.
3 - Stir in the black-eyed peas, sliced zucchini, and replace the lid and continue cooking for a further 15 mins, or until veggies are tender.
4 - Process 1 1/4 cups of the soup mixture (about 2 ladlefuls) in a food processor or blender. Return the puréed mixture to the soup in the pan and reheat until piping hot. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro if using, and serve hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment